- Aid to Artisans - Designers collaborating with local artists.
- American Sewing Guild - Yearly community services projects, with patterns.
- Care Cap Connections - Volunteer group that makes caps for cancer patients.
- Dress a Girl Around the World - Helps to empower young girls by giving them a dress made by volunteers around the world.
- ECDC/ACC - African Community Center of Denver, Co., provides support to African refugees coming to Denver.
- Fine Cell Work - UK group teaching needlework to inmates giving them vital skill sets.
- Little Dresses for Africa - Gives sewing patterns for dresses to volunteers who give them to African young girls. Also makes Britches for Boys.
- Lwala Community Alliance: Sewing Co-op - Their sewing cooperative group sews girls uniforms and reusable menstural pads so school age girls may stay in school while they have their periods.
- One Million Pillowcase Challenge - American Patchwork & Quilting group donates handmade pillowcases to local charities.
- Operation Care Package - Their goal is to make "sure that no deployed Hero goes without mail."
- Pease Greeters - Welcomes & greets troops coming home, and helps with care packages.
- Project Linus - Volunteers making blankets for kids in hospitals and shelters.
- Renaissance Now Corporation - Helping underprivileged artists worldwide fight poverty.
- Saris for Good Karma - Using donated and unwanted saris and creating useful objects to help underprivileged women.
- Sewing Seeds of Change - Empowering and helping women through teaching them to sew, then selling their clothing to people in America.
- Women Leading for Livelihoods - UNHCR initiative helping displaced women, and women refugees worldwide, with resources and training.
Renee Shelton is a baker and creator of Pastry Sampler. She writes about things she likes or are important to her: the food and service industry, gardening, sewing, and all things pastry. When she isn't barefoot in the kitchen with a dirty apron, you'll find her scouting out old books for her collection.