- Aid to Artisans - Designers collaborating with local artists.
- American Sewing Guild - Yearly community services projects, with patterns.
- Care Cap Connections - Volunteer group that makes caps for cancer patients.
- Dress a Girl Around the World - Helps to empower young girls by giving them a dress made by volunteers around the world.
- ECDC/ACC - African Community Center of Denver, Co., provides support to African refugees coming to Denver.
- Fine Cell Work - UK group teaching needlework to inmates giving them vital skill sets.
- Little Dresses for Africa - Gives sewing patterns for dresses to volunteers who give them to African young girls. Also makes Britches for Boys.
- Lwala Community Alliance: Sewing Co-op - Their sewing cooperative group sews girls uniforms and reusable menstural pads so school age girls may stay in school while they have their periods.
- One Million Pillowcase Challenge - American Patchwork & Quilting group donates handmade pillowcases to local charities.
- Operation Care Package - Their goal is to make "sure that no deployed Hero goes without mail."
- Pease Greeters - Welcomes & greets troops coming home, and helps with care packages.
- Project Linus - Volunteers making blankets for kids in hospitals and shelters.
- Renaissance Now Corporation - Helping underprivileged artists worldwide fight poverty.
- Saris for Good Karma - Using donated and unwanted saris and creating useful objects to help underprivileged women.
- Sewing Seeds of Change - Empowering and helping women through teaching them to sew, then selling their clothing to people in America.
- Women Leading for Livelihoods - UNHCR initiative helping displaced women, and women refugees worldwide, with resources and training.
Want to help out? Consider joining, volunteering, donating, or simply spreading the word, for these organizations. All were mentioned at some point in this blog. Each helps out different areas of society (children, women, rehabilitating prisoners, victims of human trafficking, etc.), but all involve the use of sewing, needleworks, or other crafts to help others, or supports our troops in some fashion.