Diverse Selection of Necklace Projects
If you are interested in necklace projects only, this covers just about everything related to the neck area and each of the chapters specializes in something different: Collars and Chokers; Princess-Length Baubles; Marvelous Matinees; Elegant Operas; and Ropes to Twirl and Spin. And no two projects look similar so there are 40 completely different jewelry projects to work.
The necklaces in the book gradually grow in length by the necklace style.
- Collar - 12 to 13 inches long, snug around the neck.
- Choker - 14 to 16 inches long.
- Princess - 17 to 19 inches, just below the throat.
- Matinee - 20 to 24 inches.
- Opera - 28 to 34 inches.
- Rope - 45 inches long, but can easily be doubled and tripled in length.
While some of the projects are gorgeously complex, a beginner could easily pull off most of them by how the pieces are laid out. Each project has a list for materials, instruments, and techniques, as well as how long the necklace will be when finished. Color photographs accompany the steps, and there are illustrated close ups and idea variations throughout.
Each necklace is creatively unique, and the best part is they are appropriate for any time of day or season. This by itself makes Necklaceology a great resource for wearable necklace fashions that don't have to be put on for special occasions - everyday can be special wearing one of these projects. And the book layout is just icing on the cake.
- Necklaceology: How to Make Chokers, Lariats, Ropes and More; by Candie Cooper
- Lark Crafts; 2012
- ISBN13: 9781454703334
- Paperback; 144 pages, full color
- Amazon: Necklaceology: How to Make Chokers, Lariats, Ropes and More
Disclosure: This book was provided by the publisher and any opinions are my own.