Below are links on where to get Bernina sewing machine manuals, company highlights, the official Bernina USA blog, and where to go for videos for the Bernina sewing machines.
Information and History About the Bernina Brand Sewing Machines
- Founded in 1893 in Steckborn, Sweden, by Karl Friedrich Gegauf who invented the hemstich the same year.
- Karl's machines became so popular, the term 'gegaufing' was synonymous with the mechanical production of hemstitching.
- The company's first household machine was produced as furniture-slash-sewing-machine.
- 1937 Bernina had their first zig-zag machine.
- Under Odette Gegauf-Ueltschi, the grand-daughter of Karl, the Bernette machines were created - and was named after a combination of the two names: Bernina and Odette.
- Bernina sells only to businesses, through dealers (multi-brand stores or only-Bernina dealerships), and no company-direct customer sales.
Here are some helpful links for Bernina brand sewing machines
- How to Use the Many Pressor Feet. Bernina Website.
- Out of Print Sewing Machine Manuals. Bernina Website.
- Bernina USA Official Blog
- Bernina and Bernette Sewing Machine Manuals: Free from Manuals Online
- Official Bernina YouTube videos - From Bernina International